A native of Easton, Daniel E. Cohen was born on November 19, 1943, and graduated from Easton High School and Lafayette College. He went on to attend University of Pennsylvania Law School and began the practice of law in 1968, soon to partner with Norman Seidel in the firm of Seidel and Cohen, which grew into the present Hof and Reid LLC.
Mr. Cohen has been admitted before the trial and appellate courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania. He has served as a member of a hearing committee of the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and, in the non-profit world, has served as president and Board member of Bnai Abraham Synagogue, the Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley, the Lehigh Valley Jewish Foundation, and ProJeCt of Easton, Inc., as well as having served on the Boards for the Hugh Moore Canal Commission, Premier Bank, now Fulton Bank, Friends of the State Theater Inc., and the City of Easton Police Practices Commission.
His practice has concentrated in land use law, business organizations and corporate matters, transactions and wills, trusts and estates. He is married, the father of two daughters and the friend of one dog.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate 20%
- Business Organization 40%
- Wills, Trusts and Estates 25%
- Land Use 10%
- College Law 5%
- Eminent Domain
- Pennsylvania, 1968
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1980
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1980
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1968
- Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1965
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: English
- Easton High School
- Elaine Emrick
- MCS Industries, Inc.
- Lafayette College
- Waldman Companies
- Redevelopment Authority of Easton , PA
- Greater Easton Development Partnership, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Martindale Hubbell Preeminent Lawyers (AV Rated)
- Honored by ProJect of Easton for outstanding service and having the Daniel E. Cohen Award named for him in the inaugural year.
- Received Dr. George S. Smith award for the Easton Area Democratic Committee for outstanding community service
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of College & University Attorneys, 1990
- Northampton County Bar, 1968
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 1968
Pro Bono Activities
- President and Board member of Bnai Abraham Synagogue
- President and Board member of the Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley
- President and Board member of the Lehigh Valley Jewish Foundation
- President and Board member of ProJeCt of Easton Inc.
- Hugh Moore Canal Commission
- Premier Bank (now Fulton Bank)
- Friends of the State Theater Inc.
- City of Easton Police Practices Commission
- Pro bono counsel for civil and numerous religious organizations, Christian, Jewish, and Sikh
- Board member of Easton Area Jewish Community Center Foundation