Christopher Reid is an experienced trial attorney. He has successfully tried over one hundred jury trials and arbitrations. Mr. Reid has represented hundreds of clients whose lives have been adversely affected as a result of automobile accidents, medical malpractice, and defective products. Mr. Reid has counseled those clients through the litigation process with the compassion and respect they deserve, often recovering six and seven figure awards and settlements. Mr. Reid's focus in representing his clients is making sure that their voice is heard and their interests are protected to the fullest extent that the law allows.
Mr. Reid was born in 1974 in New York City. He grew up near Cleveland, Ohio, and spent time living in California before returning to Cleveland, where he graduated from high school. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, from the University of Toledo in 1996. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Reid worked on Capitol Hill as a legislative intern for United States Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WVA) and as a legislative intern for the American Bar Association. Mr. Reid went on to Vermont Law School where he earned his Juris Doctor degree in 1999. More importantly, while at Vermont Law School, Mr. Reid met his wife Tara, and the two were married and in 1999 moved to the Lehigh Valley, where they live with their two beautiful children. Mr. Reid began his professional career as an associate attorney with the Easton firm of Seidel Cohen & Hof LLC in 1999. In 2003, Mr. Reid was made a member of the firm, and in 2007, the law firm of Hof & Reid LLC opened its Bethlehem office.
Mr. Reid is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Northampton County Bar Association and Lehigh County Bar Association. He is also a sustaining member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice. He is a past President of the Northampton County Bar Association and served on its Board of Governors for seven years. He is a past President of the Board of Directors for the Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley and a current Board member. Mr. Reid worked closely with local agencies, attorneys, county officials and the Northampton County Court to develop and implement Northampton County's Mortgage Foreclosure Diversion Program to help county residents affected by the mortgage foreclosure crisis. Mr. Reid has given lectures on various personal injury topics including the following: Litigating the Nursing Home Malpractice Case, Evaluating the Medical Malpractice Case, Nuts & Bolts of Handling a Motor Vehicle Accident Case, UM & UIM Coverage Issues, and Medicare, ERISA, and other liens and subrogation issues.
In addition to spending time with his family, Mr. Reid enjoys playing tennis, golf, and snowboarding. He is still a diehard Cleveland sports fanatic, providing him with the only source of misery in his life.
Areas of Practice
- Automobile/Car Accidents (including UM and UIM cases) 75%
- Trucking/Tractor Trailer Accidents 5%
- Medical Malpractice 10%
- Nursing Home Malpractice 5%
- Products Liability 5%
- Pennsylvania, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2002
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2007
- Vermont Law School, South Royalton, Vermont
- J.D. - 1999
- The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
- B.A. - 1996
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Star
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Pro Bono Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (fka PATLA), Member, 2000
- American Bar Association, Member, 1999
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 1999
- Northampton County Bar Association, Member, 1999
- Northampton County Bar Association Board of Governors, 2007 to 2015
Past Employment Positions
- Laub, Seidel, Cohen & Hof, LLC, Associate Attorney, 1999 to 2003
- United States Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WVA), Legislative Intern, 1995 to 1995
Pro Bono Activities
- Northampton County Mortgage Foreclosure Diversion Program